FATES WARNING – Launch new album song “I Am”; Announce touring guitarist!
Last Post 10/17/2013 05:26 PM by Marybeth. 16 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
Author Messages
webmaster
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09/11/2013 08:30 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  

FATES WARNING – Launch new album song “I Am”; Announce touring guitarist!

U.S. Progressive Metal pioneers FATES WARNING are soon to unleash their new studio album entitled “Darkness In A Different Light” on September 30th, 2013 in Europe and October 1st, 2013 in North America via InsideOutMusic.

Another song from the new album, “I Am”, can be checked out now via a static video on the IOM YouTube-channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChFbgZNgCh0

The tracklisting for “Darkness In A Different Light” reads as follows:

FATES WARNING - “Darkness In A Different Light”:
1. One Thousand Fires
2. Firefly
3. Desire
4. Falling
5. I Am
6. Lighthouse
7. Into The Black
8. Kneel And Obey
9. O Chloroform
10. And Yet It Moves

Next to the standard CD jewel case and the Digital Download format, “Darkness In A Different Light” will also be available in Europe as 2CD Mediabook edition and as Gatefold 2LP version (180gr. vinyl in black, red or white vinyl) with the following four bonus tracks:

1. Firefly (Extended)
2. Falling Further
3. One (Live)
4. Life In Still Water (Live)

All different formats of the album can now be pre-ordered in Europe from the InsideOutMusic online shop here:
http://smarturl.it/fateswarning_iom

“Darkness In A Different Light” was produced by Matheos and mixed by long time FATES WARNING engineer Phil Magnotti, while mastering was handled by Maor Appelbaum at Maor Appelbaum Mastering, California.
The artwork for the album was designed by Conte di San Pietro.

The new album’s first single, “Firefly”, can still be checked out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReoQw9ua9_Y

A drum recording clip of FATES WARNING’s Bobby Jarzombek (Halford, Sebastian Bach, Riot, Spastic Ink, etc.) can be seen via the website of Sick Drummer Magazine here:
http://www.sickdrummermagazine.com/index.php/news/latest-news/2598-ask-bobby-jarzombek-questions-on-september-3rd-from-900-1100pm-est-on-the-sdm-facebook-page.html

Most recently, FATES WARNING have announced that guitarist Mike Abdow will be filling in for Frank Aresti on the next scheduled tour runs, as other work commitments will keep him from the upcoming tours.
Here are some comments in regards to this matter:

Frank Aresti: “Being part of FATES WARNING continues to be a great honor for me, and I'm very proud of "Darkness In A Different Light". Even though work commitments will keep me from the upcoming tours, I'm hopeful to rejoin them for live shows in the not-too-distant future. Having said that, I know Mike Abdow, he's a great player, and I'm looking forward to seeing him with the band.”

Mike Abdow: “It is an incredible honor for me to have the chance to play with FATES WARNING. Filling in for Frank Aresti is an immense and exciting challenge that I do not take lightly. I am really looking forward to the upcoming tour with the band!“

Jim Matheos: “With the exception of a few years in the late 90s when he was AWOL, Frank has been an integral part of FW's live sound for 25 years, so his presence is going to be missed on the upcoming tours. At the same time, we look forward to working with Mike and we're all excited to finally be playing some new material.”

FATES WARNING have headlining touring runs confirmed for October in Europe and November/December in North America, with further live activity to follow in 2014. The upcoming European tour has now confirmed to feature support coming from Norway’s Divided Multitude (October 6th – 17th) as well as American group The Omega Experiment for select shows. Here are all the dates announced so far: http://fateswarning.com/Tour/CurrentTour.aspx

More details about “Darkness In A Different Light” will follow in the coming weeks…

FATES WARNING “Darkness In A Different Light” Line-Up:
Ray Alder – Vocals
Jim Matheos – Guitars
Joey Vera – Bass
Bobby Jarzombek – Drums
Frank Aresti – Guitars

FATES WARNING Online:
www.fateswarning.com
www.facebook.com/FatesWarning

INSIDEOUTMUSIC online:
www.insideoutmusic.com
www.youtube.com/InsideOutMusicTV
www.facebook.com/InsideOutMusic
www.insideoutshop.de

Free InsideOutMusic digital sampler:
www.insideoutmusic.com/specials/freesampler
~Michael Kizer (webmaster)
MichaelKizer.com

--
09/11/2013 08:51 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Wow, major bummer about Frank not being part of the tour. That really really really sucks. But they cushioned the blow by releasing a new song at the same time. Wooo!!!!!

- Mike

An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore: THE MOOREATORIUM.

--
09/11/2013 09:19 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Fates Warning - "I Am"

My friend
It seems you've been
Where you belong

Take what you deserve don't make it mine to carry now
Take what you deserve and never make a sound

When words are walls
I am the end
I'll make them fall

I am!
Tearing walls down
I am!
Tearing walls down
I am!

It's happening
Can't you see the edge
Coming to us
In spite of everything that (?)

In silence
I breathe again
I flow and descend

I'll take what I deserve, but can you help me understand
Why should I deserve a solitary word?

When words are walls
I am the end
I'll make them fall

I am!
Tearing walls down
I am!
Tearing walls down
I am!
Tearing walls down
I am!
Tearing walls down
I am!

- Mike

An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore: THE MOOREATORIUM.
Paka01

--
09/12/2013 03:26 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
No Aresti? Crap...

--
09/12/2013 08:06 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
I hope everything is ok between the band and frank, or ok in frank's personal life, and that this is not some spin to make it seem like he had prior commitments. I mean, he had a long notice of these shows coming up, no? They were announced a helluva long time ago. I'm sure everything is ok. I'm just speculating.

- Mike

webmaster
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09/12/2013 08:27 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Frank has a full time job with D'Addario doing artist relations and product/project management, so I think it is really just a case of him not being able to take a few months off of work. Although, if I was his boss I think I'd force him to take a sabbatical. ;-)

Here's his LinkedIn profile for those curious - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/frank-a...b/639/8ab/
MichaelKizer.com
Parallel Lines

--
09/16/2013 01:35 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
I have to call bullshit on this one. I just can't believe there could be anything more important for Frank Aresti than playing on this tour with this killer "classic" FW lineup. Major dissapointment for the fans. Got to be more to the story. Come on Frank. We're really looking forward to seeing you with the band bro. Damn, I was looking forward to that lineup. Not like FW has been putting out lots of stuff or touring constantly. This tour is a very special occasion for us long time fans. We want Frank with the band godammit!
ayrios

--
09/16/2013 11:46 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Those of you skeptical of Frank's absence due to business clearly do not understand the business aspects of being in a relatively obscure band (despite their illustrious history and influence on the prog metal genre) that isn't exactly earning fans with studio albums every other year like many bands. What could be more important than touring with Fates? I don't know, food on the table? On again/off again lead guitarist for Fates Warning isn't exactly a cushy gig.

Anyway, I really don't like that song.

--
09/19/2013 11:48 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Metal Blade has been pretty quiet with the release date approaching. It would be cool if Metal Blade CEO Brian Slagel did a video interview with the Fates Warning guys, like he did last year when OSI released Fire Make Thunder. This is a big opportunity for Metal Blade to really celebrate the legacy of FW and hype up the release more than usual. After all, it's been nearly 10 years since their last release!

- Mike

webmaster
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09/19/2013 12:41 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Actually, for this new album Fates Warning is now on Inside Out Music.They've been promoting the album a bit on Facebook and their YouTube channel. Undoubtedly there will be more stuff coming.

http://www.insideoutmusic.com/artis...Artist=419
http://www.youtube.com/user/InsideOutMusicTV/videos

BTW, I'd love to see some interviews like Brian did for Arch/Matheos and OSI.
MichaelKizer.com

--
09/19/2013 12:55 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
I totally overlooked that they went to Inside Out. Wow. They've been on Metal Blade since the get go, and even OSI joined Metal Blade. I wonder why the switch. Anyway, thanks for the heads up! That explains why Metal Blade wasn't promoting the release, lol.

- Mike

webmaster
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09/19/2013 01:21 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Jim touches on it in reference to OSI being on Metal Blade here: http://fateswarning.com/Media/Inter...20301.aspx

Even though this is the fourth album with OSI, this is the first via Metal Blade Records. I was just curious what deciding factors went into switching to Metal Blade after working with Inside Out for so long?

Well I mean, we've been on Inside Out for a long time, but I've had a relationship with Metal Blade since 1984 and they’re like family for us. And InsideOut is chill. I have nothing bad to say about them. In fact, Fates Warning is on InsideOut, so we did a switch around. It really just came down to a better deal for us. We were up for a new deal and Metal Blade really wanted to sign OSI, and they offered us a better deal than what we had on InsideOut. And it really just comes down to that.

MichaelKizer.com

--
09/19/2013 01:46 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for sharing that. Metal Blade "really wanted" to sign OSI. I'm thinking that's because Fates Warning hadn't released a new album in so long, so maybe they figured they should latch onto OSI since that had become Jim's music outlet for the past 10 years. The new FW album seems like it could be pretty awesome, while OSI's Fire Make Thunder wasn't up to the standard of the band's three previous albums (in my opinion) -- so I wonder if Metal Blade regrets doing the switch around. I can't imagine that OSI sells as much as a FW album. On the other hand, OSI releases more music than FW, so maybe OSI brings in more sales simply due to the fact that they release cds more frequently.

Either way, both are fine labels and I'm happy to get the new FW!! Wish it was Oct. 1 already.

- Mike

Zil

--
09/25/2013 07:51 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
BOOOO!!!!! that's all I have to say about Frank not in the FW Lineup!! That really sucks !!

--
10/03/2013 08:56 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Ray Alder on "singing not screaming" and on Frank's absense:

San Antonio Metal Music Examiner: At what point in time did you scale back completely from the high vocal range that you were known for when you first joined the band on "No Exit", and how difficult was it to realize that a change in style was necessary?

Ray Alder: I think it was "A Pleasant Shade Of Gray" when I really came into my own and rearranged what I wanted to do with my voice. In the beginning, the whole thing with the high voice, that's what was going on, to me, in the '80s. I was also a young guy, I was in San Antonio and wanted to sing high, and as I got older, I realized I wanted to sing, not scream. And it was probably "A Pleasant Shade Of Gray" when it came to me. And unfortunately, my voice changed. I grew up. Or whatever you want to call it.

San Antonio Metal Music Examiner: Frank [Aresti, guitar] is not going to be on this tour. What's keeping him away, and what should we know about Mike [Abdow]?

Ray Alder: Frank, it was funny, we were doing the album and everything else, and he started a new job. And he's also recently married and moving to California. We tried: "What about this?" But there's no anger whatsoever, and we wish him well. He will be with us the next few tours, we do know that. But Mike's a great guy. We tried out other guitar players and auditioned a few other guys. Mike just seemed to be the guy that would fit. Really nice guy, quiet, but a great guitar player. For some reason, he was the best fit. So far, he's doing great.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fa...bK6tAfT.99

- Mike

ayrios

--
10/16/2013 12:45 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Ray Alder: I think it was "A Pleasant Shade Of Gray" when I really came into my own and rearranged what I wanted to do with my voice. In the beginning, the whole thing with the high voice, that's what was going on, to me, in the '80s. I was also a young guy, I was in San Antonio and wanted to sing high, and as I got older, I realized I wanted to sing, not scream. And it was probably "A Pleasant Shade Of Gray" when it came to me. And unfortunately, my voice changed. I grew up. Or whatever you want to call it.

I wish he'd just be upfront about it. Aging is not kind to male vocalists, true, but the reason Ray's voice deteriorated so rapidly was primarily due to smoking. He didn't have to do that to his voice and it's a shame for the world that he did.
Marybeth

--
10/17/2013 05:26 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Disappointed you're not touring with the band. 22 years is a long time to wait to see you again. Wish you the best and hope to see you in SA in the not-too-distant future.

Quick Reply
toggle
  Username:
Subject:
Body:
Security Code:
CAPTCHA image
Enter the code shown above in the box below

Submit
Active Forums 4.2
christian louboutin outlet christian louboutin outlet cheap canada goose