A couple of new European tour dates announced!
Last Post 08/26/2011 05:16 AM by Piotr. 37 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages

--
07/26/2011 03:08 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
I gladly confirm and I am already to my trip to Germany - crossing the border in few hours with one stop before reaching Essen and then Kerkrade (I will stay in Aachen though for this gig) - hope to meet you there I will be there with my beautiful girlfriend, so you cannot missed at least her

--
07/27/2011 03:55 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Hi Piotr,
would be great to meet you both! At least we will try to meet each other, cause the Turock may be sold out - guess you can´t miss me too - I am the green-cap man and will wear my FATES WARNING LONG-TERM TOURIST-Shirt

Have a safe and good trip - c u tommorow
toshrock/the green-cap man
Toshrock´s / the green cap man´s personal FW gig logfile 2006-2011: 6/4/2006 - Rock Hard Open Air - Gelsenkirchen - Germany 11/15/2007 - Live Music Hall - Cologne - Germany 11/16/2007 - De Bosuil - Weert - Netherlands 11/17/2007 - Lantaarn - Hellendorrn - Netherlands 7/12/2010 - BANG YOUR HEAD Festival - Balingen - Germany 2/10/2011 - Turock - Essen - Germany 2/12/2011 - De Bosuil - Weert - Netherlands 2/13/2011 - De Kelder - Amersfoort - Netherland 7/28/2011 - Turock - Essen - Germany 11/09/2012 - Metropool. Hengelo, Netherlands 11/10/2012 - Turock. Essen, Germany

--
07/28/2011 04:29 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Gee, I had no connection during the trip, so didn't meet this time - maybe we'll meet on Saturday in Holland though

Anyway, we are just back from the gig, so just a bunch of fresh thoughts I'd like to share with you. We get there without any problems - there were tickets available and we also had a chance for a nice short chat with the support band - they are called the Iron Fate (check them out, they sound a bit like very early Fates Warning - great vocals, catchy choruses). Fates themselves were just awesome, and they were playing many 'golden oldies' they didn't play live for years. Bobby filled Mark's parts pretty well, including drummer-nightmares like APSOG XI and Monument. The audience was great as well, despite the sound was only mediocre (guess this is rather venue place 'fault'). In the next few days I'll try to post some pics and/or short videos on my blog (horrible quality though - sorry!), so stay tuned

PS. If you were standing in the front row (just by the scene) - I guess we saw you. We were standing also in the first row, but on the balcony
crimson_idol

--
07/29/2011 01:29 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
hello..
i'm from greece..i'm wayting for the next 2 days to pass, so i can see fates in larisa..
my fisrt time with fates , and im happy as i child.!
is there any stelist from the live in Essen???
if there is, i'd be happy to see it.

--
07/29/2011 04:16 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
I don't have a setlist, as was standing too far to get it, but if my German pal Long-Term Tourist aka green-cap-man was standing in the front row as by my guess, he should have it. Anyway I am not sure if they would play exactly the same set in Greece - will see tomorrow in Kerkrade Prepare for unexpected though ("Through Different Eyes" I've heard for first time live
crimson_idol

--
07/29/2011 05:46 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
i didnt mean the paper..
ok..i will wait for the real thing

--
07/29/2011 08:29 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Again I didn't make it to the Essen show...

Any photos appreciated!

--
08/03/2011 06:38 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Two days with Fates Warning!

A few photos from the Larissa show from my blog :

http://eburnus.blogspot.com/2011/08...-2011.html

I will upload photos from the Dream Theater / Fates Warning show later this day probably and I will post the link here too.

Amazing shows and experience! I am still too excited to comment

A couple of videos too from Larissa show, not taken by me, I only found them on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBvAWQxsj14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjJR_V1bnyY

EDIT:
And the photos from the Dream Theater / Fates Warning performance:

http://eburnus.blogspot.com/2011/08/dream-theater-fates-warning-live-greece.html
"Close your eyes, what do you see ? Dreams in rhyme with reality" my blog: http://eburnus.blogspot.com/

--
08/03/2011 09:38 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Wow, dream-team DT+FW Did they play together at least a song?

--
08/04/2011 10:58 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Posted By Piotr Wow, dream-team DT+FW Did they play together at least a song?

Nope :-( I was hoping too, that they will play something together but nothing happened. Both were great though!
"Close your eyes, what do you see ? Dreams in rhyme with reality" my blog: http://eburnus.blogspot.com/

--
08/05/2011 10:48 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Another great video from Larissa, this is after the 1st encore "The Ivory Gate of Dreams", asking for 2nd encore :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMNlZ5IQorg

--
08/15/2011 04:20 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Hi Piotr,
sorry for the delay - had been on holidays after the Essen-show! Yeah, so we didn´t meet (I asked almost everybody vaguely looking like you and a couple of girls too, :-). Nevertheless we shared the experience of a very special gig!
Maybe you took the opportunity to talk to the Fates guys later - teh were quite nice and very friendly to the waiting people.
Guess we will meet in the future and I hope you got back safely.

By the way I copied a setlist from TUROCK:
One
Life in Still Water
Another Perfect Day
A Pleasant Shade of Gray, Part III
A Pleasant Shade of Gray, Part IV
The Eleventh Hour
Point of View
Still Remains
Through Different Eyes
A Pleasant Shade of Gray, Part XI
Monument
Encore:
Nothing Left to Say
Eye to Eye
Toshrock´s / the green cap man´s personal FW gig logfile 2006-2011: 6/4/2006 - Rock Hard Open Air - Gelsenkirchen - Germany 11/15/2007 - Live Music Hall - Cologne - Germany 11/16/2007 - De Bosuil - Weert - Netherlands 11/17/2007 - Lantaarn - Hellendorrn - Netherlands 7/12/2010 - BANG YOUR HEAD Festival - Balingen - Germany 2/10/2011 - Turock - Essen - Germany 2/12/2011 - De Bosuil - Weert - Netherlands 2/13/2011 - De Kelder - Amersfoort - Netherland 7/28/2011 - Turock - Essen - Germany 11/09/2012 - Metropool. Hengelo, Netherlands 11/10/2012 - Turock. Essen, Germany

--
08/17/2011 01:34 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Thanks GreenCapMan - I am sure that this was for a purpose - to meet next time
BTW, I guess I could have shoot you on some photos.videos I did from the balcony - shame that I had only my old pocket camera, so the quality is horrible (sorry for that!). I already posted some on my blog site www.pleasantshadeofgray.blogspot.com

--
08/18/2011 04:04 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Well said, Piotr - guess we´ll meet in the future.
And I checked your nice blog-site - yep, that´s me on the second pic (left person - the GreenCapMan, :-)

What about REDEMPTION on autumn?

Have a great time,
Toshrock / GCM
charlzm

--
08/19/2011 05:51 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Jealous of you European guys. I know, I know, I'm greedy. I got to see them back on the "No Exit" tour, once on the "Inside Out" tour, twice (three times? I forget) on the "APSOG" tour, once on the "FWX" tour and yes, on the "parallels" reunion tour when my (now-ex) band opened up for them.

And yes, after all that, I am STILL jealous! Where is the USA tour?!?

--
08/22/2011 03:03 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Glad that I found you at least on photo
About Redemption gig - not being HUGE fan of Redemption myself (except Ray singing of course), but not saying no... let's check - October 7th sounds not bad, need to think about the logistics, cause that's simply too long way to get there within one day and not be tired of driving 1.1k km in one shot... Let's keep it up

--
08/23/2011 07:35 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Hi Piotr,
well looks like I have to introduce you to my personal favorites (concerning REDEMPTION):
"The origin of ruins" (the track, not necessarily the whole album)
"Saphire" (Hearing is believing - outstanding song, great performance by Ray)
"Walls" (from Snowfall on JUdgement Day)

just to name a few, :-)

But I do understand that it´s a long way for a beer with me, ;-)

Keep the spirit and best wishes,
GCM

--
08/26/2011 05:16 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Yep, just read the thread about Arch/Matheos gig in late April 2012 - that's truly stunning news!
As for Redemption - like the music (the Sapphire of course!), but especially after seeing live DVD I'm a bit disappointed with the overall picture, if you know what I mean. Hope that the new production (release in exactly one month!) would be better
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Quick Reply
toggle
  Username:
Subject:
Body:
Security Code:
CAPTCHA image
Enter the code shown above in the box below

Submit
Active Forums 4.2