ArchMatheos.com is now online - listen to a preview of Stained Glass Sky
Last Post 07/18/2011 09:12 PM by Liquifex. 13 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
Author Messages
Michael KizerUser is Online
webmaster
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
07/11/2011 12:41 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
http://www.archmatheos.com

The official site is up. Check it out and listen to a preview of the track Stained Glass Sky.
~Michael Kizer (webmaster)
MichaelKizer.com

--
07/11/2011 01:37 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
His voice continues amazing!! I'm eager to listen the entire album
roguefate

--
07/11/2011 02:47 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
I don't remember who said that this was some pretty heavy material but I'm floored!!

I can't say how much I'm anticipating this release.
Phoenix87

--
07/11/2011 03:44 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
I just caught glimpse of a Tour Dates tab on the Arch/Matheos website. Its like a dream come true. I just hope they come to Philly.

--
07/11/2011 06:40 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
SOOOO EXCITED!!!! Yeah Phoenix87 I noticed the Tour Dates page too. I hope they come anywhere that Southwest airlines flies - I've got a frequent flyer pass reserved. Can't even imagine how awesome that would be.

I remember when I was 14 years old sitting in my bedroom listening to ATG with my headphones on just escaping to another place. Listening to that audio sample takes me right back there. Amazing dream come true.

--
07/11/2011 09:02 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Huh...Can't believe they're going to tour with that line-up. I hope John is up to it....I'm a Ray fan and I wish that he was singing over that music to Stained Glass...my god that would've been amazing. The music is phenomenal. John's voice is great as usual, but the vocal melody will take some getting used to. Dying to hear the whole album. In that clip alone I can hear some 'almost-impossible-to-pull-off-live' stuff.....heh. I hope they come to FL, I'd love to see this line up live.
Michael KizerUser is Online
webmaster
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
07/11/2011 09:25 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
I would not bank on a tour for this project. John has said in some comments on Facebook that he's not really into touring, so it is doubtful that it would happen (not impossible, but doubtful).

I too noticed the Tour Dates tab on the Arch / Matheos site, but I figured it was just something standard that Metal Blade puts on all of their band sites, perhaps copied over from a general template.
~Michael Kizer (webmaster)
MichaelKizer.com

--
07/11/2011 11:51 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
John stated in a blog on his facebook that he is going to try his hardest to keep his voice in shape for touring. He mentioned festivals in particular.
Konrado

--
07/12/2011 02:41 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Sounds great. Arch is definitely not getting older. His voice is still great... but of course I prefer Alder ;-).

--
07/12/2011 01:21 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  

Posted By Steakbone on 07/11/2011 09:40 PM
I remember when I was 14 years old sitting in my bedroom listening to ATG with my headphones on just escaping to another place. Listening to that audio sample takes me right back there. Amazing dream come true.

Pretty much was the same with me

Like this sample really much, and Matheos is the best composer ever and Arch is tremendous with his vocal lines, as he always was.
Konrado

--
07/12/2011 01:37 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Matheos for me is a terminator. Let's look for his schedule: Arch/Matheos, new OSI, new Fates Warning... is he from iron?
2ndSight

--
07/14/2011 12:50 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Just listened to the two new tracks and they are SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!
I am very happy that the guys did something new together!!! Can`t wait for september;-)
2ndSight

--
07/14/2011 12:50 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Just listened to the two new tracks and they are SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!
I am very happy that the guys did something new together!!! Can`t wait for september;-)

--
07/18/2011 09:12 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Just heard the second interview, lol....Sounds like the guys are having fun. So awesome hearing them do press. John's diggin' it, I don't care how humble he comes off :-p haha. I know they'll do another CD. I can just tell. Fates > Arch/Math >Fates > Arch/Math would be totally epic. Jim's a machine and I'm sure he has so many ideas - now he has 2 (3 counting OSI) very solid musical outlets. Would love a Fates/Arch release every year by one of the other :-p ....And I hope they start to get some recognition again, damn it. If I stayed in the band circuit (just write for myself now, for fun) and hit it big, I'd do a song with Fates, a cover of one of their tunes, and cite them as an influence until everyone heard the name Fates Warning :-p lol.

Really though, I just hope we're going to hear much more music from these guys...no more 8 yr waits between albums :-p

Quick Reply
toggle
  Username:
Subject:
Body:
Security Code:
CAPTCHA image
Enter the code shown above in the box below

Submit
Active Forums 4.2