Stream the first half of the new Arch / Matheos album NOW!
Last Post 09/24/2011 05:36 PM by metgpks. 10 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
Author Messages
webmaster
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09/09/2011 11:49 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
A Guitar World exclusive...listen to the first half of the new Arch / Matheos album "Sympathetic Resonance" here:
http://www.guitarworld.com/exclusiv...-resonance
~Michael Kizer (webmaster)
MichaelKizer.com

--
09/09/2011 12:06 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Wow... progressive, complex, melodic & heavy. Great, great music!

--
09/09/2011 03:23 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Haha, Neurotically Wired is sick. Jim really went off with the music...and Bobby's drumming is epic. John sounds great.....I wish I could see 1 of the few shows they do. I'd love to see this played live.

--
09/09/2011 03:41 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
I don't want to wait til Tues.... *whines* lol

Really though, if you guys ever read these Forums (Jim, John, Bobby, Frank, Ray, etc) - This album sounds awesome. Great job.

PS - Nice to see some 'Press' during this process. I hope it's the same with the next Fates :-p
Phoenix87

--
09/09/2011 04:29 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Just as incredible as I was expecting. September 13th will go down as one of the greatest days in music. Arch and Matheos reunited and one hell of an incredible Dream Theater album.

--
09/10/2011 07:36 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
This--THIS--is Arcana. It's taken me 25 years--one helluva a mystic journey--but I've finally found it.

--
09/10/2011 11:44 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
I hope they get a lot of deserved attention from this album, and it brings attention to Fates Warning also. Would love a full US tour, damn it. Seriously, if a label put some real backing behind these guys it could be done. There IS a die-hard, hardcore Prog fanbase in the US. If DT can tour here, so can Fates. Now they've hit 'legend' status....I think people would go to live shows just to see 'that band that started Prog-metal'.

Whoever their current label is, do it - US tour. It's friggin' time. Fates is a band I'm proud to call an American band. We produce a lot of shit - so much good rock/metal comes from other parts of the world, but Fates are legend. It's not just me...anyone who listens to 'Rock' as their main genre has heard of these guys, even if they don't know their work.

US TOUR. DO IT, PLEASE...And come to FLORIDA...

--
09/10/2011 11:47 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
FYI - If possible, you should put the steaming audio player from Guitarworld.com on this site's front page and remove the Stained Glass edit.
webmaster
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09/10/2011 03:29 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  

Posted By Liquifex on 09/10/2011 02:47 PM
FYI - If possible, you should put the steaming audio player from Guitarworld.com on this site's front page and remove the Stained Glass edit.

I can't really since this is an exclusive that Guitar World is offering. They want to drive people to their website.

This combined with the track-by-track videos and the teaser of Frank and Jim in the studio, probably means that they'll have something special about Arch / Matheos in an upcoming issue. I'm looking forward to that.
~Michael Kizer (webmaster)
MichaelKizer.com
Charlzm

--
09/22/2011 09:38 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
I've listened to Arch/Matheos several times now. Arch has never been a singer I really cared for, but he is far less annoying to me here than he was on the old Fates albums. He's in key more often, too!

The music is heavier and more complex than recent FW albums, which is a good thing.

There are some drum and lead guitar moments that are over the top (in not a good way), but it doesn't ruin the album. Joey is the secret star here; his rock solid underpinnings are exactly appropriate at all times. JIm also turns in a great performance on guitar; intricate and impressive without histrionics, he's always been more of a Townsend or Lifeson than an Yngwie.

Overall, great effort that really makes me look forward to the next Fates Warning album!

--
09/24/2011 05:36 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  

Posted By on 09/22/2011 12:38 PM
I've listened to Arch/Matheos several times now. Arch has never been a singer I really cared for, but he is far less annoying to me here than he was on the old Fates albums. He's in key more often, too!

The music is heavier and more complex than recent FW albums, which is a good thing.

There are some drum and lead guitar moments that are over the top (in not a good way), but it doesn't ruin the album. Joey is the secret star here; his rock solid underpinnings are exactly appropriate at all times. JIm also turns in a great performance on guitar; intricate and impressive without histrionics, he's always been more of a Townsend or Lifeson than an Yngwie.

Overall, great effort that really makes me look forward to the next Fates Warning album!

I agree with you again!!I think a lot of Johns stuff is rushed and all over the place(just my opinion as a RAY FW fan).I think that's why I don't care much for his singing, but when he sings slower he puts more passion in his singing and sounds 100% better!I think thats why I can't stop playing the song INCENCE AND MYRRH!!Thats the only song I can really say WOW John can really sing!!I wish he did more of that kind of stuff!!!

Quick Reply
toggle
  Username:
Subject:
Body:
Security Code:
CAPTCHA image
Enter the code shown above in the box below

Submit
Active Forums 4.2
christian louboutin outlet christian louboutin outlet cheap canada goose