Debut Album From Arch / Matheos Cracks The Billboard Charts
Last Post 10/20/2011 11:54 AM by CHARLZM. 11 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
Author Messages
webmaster
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09/27/2011 09:36 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Debut Album From Arch / Matheos Cracks The Billboard Charts
AVAILABLE NOW ON METAL BLADE RECORDS

The new progressive rock band, ARCH / MATHEOS featuring Jim Matheos (current member of the progressive rock powerhouse Fates Warning and OSI) and John Arch (former vocalist of Fates Warning) released their highly anticipated debut album Sympathetic Resonance September 13th on Metal Blade Records. The album debuted and #13 on the Billboard New Artist Chart and at #36 on the Billboard Hard Music Chart.

Sympathetic Resonance has also hit the international charts at #27 in Germany, #67 in Austria, and #78 in Switzerland

Sympathetic Resonance also features the drumming of world renowned drummer Bobby Jarzombek (Halford, Fates Warning, Sebastian Bach, Riot). Bobby has posted an exclusive in-studio video of himself recording the drum parts for the song “Stained Glass Sky” on his YouTube Channel. Check out the first of several in-studio videos from Bobby HERE - http://www.youtube.com/BobbyJarzombekTV

Recently Jim Matheos and John Arch recently took some time to discuss Sympathetic Resonance with Metal Blade CEO Brian Slagel for Metal Blade TV. Jim and John discuss how the project came together as a natural evolution from Arch’s “Twist of Fate” EP. They also reflect on the recording process, how they started slowly with baby steps and how John’s return to music on a full time basis was due to Jim’s inspiration. The interview can be viewed in its entirety HERE - www.archmatheos.com

Cover art for Sympathetic Resonance was fashioned using an image created by light painting photographer Dennis Calvert (http://www.denniscalvert.net/), who has described light painting as "The ability to see in 4 dimensions, time traveling, and creating fantasy using only what we base all reality on, light."

Sympathetic Resonance - track listing:
Neurotically Wired
Midnight Serenade
Stained Glass Sky
On the Fence
Any Given Day (Strangers Like Me)
Incense and Myrrh

The band -accompanied by Joey Vera on bass, Bobby Jarzombek on drums, and Frank Aresti on additional lead guitar- began tracking the drums on January 12 and continued to record through March with Jim Matheos producing.

Lineup:
John Arch – vocals (former Fates Warning)
Jim Matheos – guitars (Fates Warning, OSI)
Joey Vera – bass (Armored Saint, Anthrax, Fates Warning, Seven Witches)
Bobby Jarzombek – drums (Halford, Fates Warning, Sebastian Bach, Riot)
Frank Aresti - additional lead guitar (Fates Warning)

http://www.archmatheos.com
http://www.facebook.com/archmatheos
http://twitter.com/archmatheos
~Michael Kizer (webmaster)
MichaelKizer.com
roguefate

--
09/27/2011 07:25 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
This is pretty damn cool!

I got the sense from some of the interviews that I've seen/read that the guys (John and Jim) were a bit uncertain about how the new album would be received. I'm guessing that this news maybe surpasses some of their own expectations. I think by their own admission they were kind of holding back on any potential future plans for further collaboration pending the response to this excellent piece of work. It's gonna be kind of tough for them NOT to follow this up at some point now.

The only other thing I'd like to say is "thank you both for this musical gift" - it was worth the wait!!

--
09/28/2011 01:58 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
So deserved.....Now the new Fates Warning should kick ass....followed by another A/M album.....Rawr~

Would still love to see John and Ray together for a full tour, heh. Both are awesome singers and seem like really cool guys.

And they'd be backed by the best band, period.

Grats everyone involved. You earned this

--
10/01/2011 01:44 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Fully agree and cannot see for my copy delivered
ReviewMaster

--
10/02/2011 12:13 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  

--
10/02/2011 01:44 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  

Posted By Liquifex on 09/28/2011 04:58 PM
So deserved.....Now the new Fates Warning should kick ass....followed by another A/M album.....Rawr~

Would still love to see John and Ray together for a full tour, heh. Both are awesome singers and seem like really cool guys.

And they'd be backed by the best band, period.

Grats everyone involved. You earned this

I don't think either singer would mind a 50/50 division of labor on tour

--
10/06/2011 09:01 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Finally get my copy - occupying the cd-player (my poor neighbours
Worth every penny spent and worth years waiting. At least since FWX launch I haven't heard nothing even close to "Sympathetic Resonance". For the time being my personal favourite stays "Midnight Serenade", but frankly speaking hard to pick up the best one. They all are just simply great. Have your copy ordered now, if you haven't already.

--
10/09/2011 06:19 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Glad you finally got it:-)Be sure to check out the song Incense and Myrrh!My favorite for sure,also dig stained Glass Sky!!

Man,the only thing I can't wait for is my pre-order of the new Redemption cd!!I hate delays:-(

--
10/09/2011 12:16 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Have them both, or actually - three CDs, as Redemption is a double CD-set

No doubt I do prefer Arch/Matheos, and while Redemption album is really really good and Ray will forever remain my vocalist #1 of all the times, Arch/Matheos is simply what catches my heart deeper. As far as Redemption "This Mortal Coil" album is concerned - be sure to order double CD, as the second disc contains covers of some great songs + funny leaflet (pity that w/o Ray!).

If I would need to rate those two albums, I'd give 9,5/10 for Arch/Matheos (minus 0,5 for some "DreamTheatr'isch intros, which I am not a fan of) and 8,5/10 for Redemption - 8 for 'regular' album (I do very much prefer Jim Matheos' compositions and muscial taste, but appreciate Nick Van Dyck's too) and 0,5 additionally for the cover CD

--
10/10/2011 01:38 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Hello Piotr (it´s been a while....)
so you ´ve made it for REDEMPTION too? Very balanced scores for This Mortal Coil - my favorite is "Let it rain".
Great time in Essen last Friday at the REDEMPTION show - they seemed extremely happy about the crowd and appeared to be enjoying themselves as much as everybody else there. Ray was very focussed and in very good condition.
So let´s hope for another FW tour in 2012, right?
Toshrock´s / the green cap man´s personal FW gig logfile 2006-2011: 6/4/2006 - Rock Hard Open Air - Gelsenkirchen - Germany 11/15/2007 - Live Music Hall - Cologne - Germany 11/16/2007 - De Bosuil - Weert - Netherlands 11/17/2007 - Lantaarn - Hellendorrn - Netherlands 7/12/2010 - BANG YOUR HEAD Festival - Balingen - Germany 2/10/2011 - Turock - Essen - Germany 2/12/2011 - De Bosuil - Weert - Netherlands 2/13/2011 - De Kelder - Amersfoort - Netherland 7/28/2011 - Turock - Essen - Germany 11/09/2012 - Metropool. Hengelo, Netherlands 11/10/2012 - Turock. Essen, Germany

--
10/10/2011 01:59 PM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
Absolutely man - looking forward to Arch/Matheos appearance at the end of April and - let's hope - maybe 'regular' FW tour as well
As for Redemption - just heard their album not enough times to pick the favorites - I like bits and pieces of every song, and I can only say, that overall it's very good (especially catchy choruses). What I don't like is 'plastic' sound of drums, 'artificial' keys, guitar solos faster than speed of light, and - rarely, but have to admit it - Ray's attempts to hit the notes apparently too high for his current voice timbre & condition (last minute of the "Blink of an Eye"). To be crystal clear - like this production very much, yet it's not comparable to Sympathetic Resonance.
CHARLZM

--
10/20/2011 11:54 AM QuoteQuote ReplyReply  
I had the chance to see Redemption live this past weekend in Reseda at Paladino's (a club I have played several times with my own band) but I passed. I had work to do and just wasn't feeling it. Kinda wish I had gone, now; I saw the before at the same venue and they were very impressive.

Quick Reply
toggle
  Username:
Subject:
Body:
Security Code:
CAPTCHA image
Enter the code shown above in the box below

Submit
Active Forums 4.2